What would happen to your gut if you drank a glass of celery juice everyday for a month? It’s not a question that everyone asks, but is one that Ash M. of FitnessVolt.com answered. Inspired by Anthony Williams’ glowing praise of celery juice, Olivia decided to give the “ powerhouse of a drink ” a shot. By the end, Olivia found herself feeling better in more ways than one.
- Olivia enjoyed easier digestion and more energy – According to Olivia, her celery juice habit allowed her to digest food easier. Stomach acid is necessary for breaking down food, and celery’s natural sodium content encouraged stomach acid production. This in turn lightened the load of Olivia’s liver, allowing it to function smoothly without a backlog of toxins weighing it down. Adding to this, Olivia claimed that she also felt “satiated” but added that she could still perform her daily activities with ease.
- Olivia felt slimmer – For Olivia, the celery juice also eliminated the troublesome digestive problem of bloating. As an effective diuretic, celery pulled off the double duty of flushing toxins out of her body, and reducing abdominal bloat and edema. With her digestive system running smoothly, food passed through easily and left no chances for gas to accumulate inside her.
- Olivia’s cravings were reduced – A digestive system working at peak condition is better at breaking down food, thereby allowing the body to absorb all the foods’ nutrients. That’s what happened to Olivia. The yoga instructor wrote down that cravings are the body’s way of demanding that we fill up on missing nutrients. Since her nutritional needs were fully sated, the urge to reach for unhealthy but easily accessible foods never struck her.
- Olivia felt smarter – A greater output of stomach acid meant more proteins were being reduced to amino acids — the “precursors for creating neurotransmitters.” Simply put, there was a wealth of brain chemicals sending messages into Olivia’s brain and body, making her feel sharper than ever. She also felt less overwhelmed by the daily grind and as a result enjoyed a more peaceful existence.
- Olivia felt bliss – Her gut was at in top form, her body purged of toxins and acids. Her stress levels were down and her celery juice habit brought on a greater sense of calm and relaxation. Olivia described her morning practice as giving her a feeling of “post-meditation bliss” as well as “an internal ‘ahhhh’.”
What’s in celery?
Williams, the Medical Medium, has called celery juice “ one of the most powerful and healing juices one can drink .” Anybody can benefit from downing a glass of celery juice. The high amounts of luteolin and polyacetylenes imbue celery with anti-flammatory properties, while its alkalizing and hydrating qualities are effective at cleansing and detoxifying the body. The potassium electrolytes help the body recover quicker, while the coumarins abate stress hormones and bring about enhanced relaxation and sleep.
You can enjoy celery juice and its many amazing perks right in your own home, and here’s how: You will need one head of organic celery and a splash of filtered water. For equipment, you will need a high-speed blender, a nut-milk bag, and a large bowl. Start but chopping your celery into large chunks and then placing those chunks in the blender. Add in the splash of filtered water to help the blades spin easier. Blend for a few seconds. Pour the juice into the nut-milk bag and hold over the bowl. Squeeze the bag to strain out any remaining fibers and let the juice flow into the bowl. Transfer the juice from the bowl, into a glass and enjoy right away.